Another job for your cast iron skillet, this simple side will enhance any meal – breakfast included!
- 2 lbs. Gold Russet potatoes, thinly sliced.
- 9 ozs. distilled white vinegar.
- 2 tbspns. butter.
- 1 to 2 cups of water.
- Fresh ground Sea salt, to taste.
- Cracked black pepper, to taste.
- 2 tbspns. fresh dill, chopped.
- In a medium sized saucepan, saute sliced potatoes on medium-high heat in 1 cup of vinegar, covered by about 1 inch of water, until tender (10 to 15 minutes), then drain.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet, then add potatoes and saute over medium to high heat until crispy and golden brown, flipping occasionally with spatula.
- Before serving from the skillet, sprinkle with dill, remaining vinegar and desired amount of ground salt and pepper.