A taste of the Oklahoma ranch, I just had to re-blog this from Pioneer Woman. The Dr. Pepper makes it especially unique.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 1 can (5 Ounces) Chipotle Peppers Packed In Adobo
- 1/3 cup Brown Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 packages Pork Baby Back Ribs
- Prepare the marinade by combining minced garlic, brown sugar, white vinegar, brown mustard, chipotle peppers with adobo sauce and Dr. Pepper in a medium saucepan and bringing the mixture to a gentle boil until reduced and thick, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Divide into two containers, refrigerating one for later.
- Place the ribs on a large baking sheet lined with heavy foil. Brush half the marinade over the ribs on both sides. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 8 hours to marinate.
- When ready to cook the ribs, preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Place the pan, still covered in foil, into the oven for 2 hours. Remove the foil and increase the temperature to 300. Using the other half of the sauce, brush another generous layer all over the ribs. Return the pan to the oven and continue cooking for another 30 to 40 minutes, brushing on another layer of sauce as it cooks.
- Remove the ribs when they’re fork tender (keep cooking until they are). Slice and serve!