These pork cutlets look like minified filet-mignons coming off of the grill. This particular method uses a teriyaki style sauce to add a final touch. They would go well accompanied by wild rice, vermicelli or cous cous!
- 4 6 oz. pork loin cutlets, 2″ thick.
- 4 slices thick-cut, smoked bacon.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce.
- 1 tsp. ground ginger.
- 1 dash liquid smoke.
- 1 cup pineapple juice.
- 1 tsp. brown sugar.
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced.
- Rub cutlets with salt and pepper. Wrap a strip of bacon around each one and secure with a toothpick or skewer.
- Grill cutlets over direct heat to medium-rare doneness and set aside in large sauce pan.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in small bowl then pour over the cutlets.
- Saute over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, cover, and allow to simmer over low heat until meat is tender and browned to desired consistency.
- Remove toothpicks from cutlets and serve with sauce ladled on top.