With a big bag of red baby potatoes lying in wait, I was wondered what technique to use on them. Miraculously, this recipe came accross in a Yummly.com newsletter. Perfect!
- 12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
- On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
- With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.