Zuzu’s Handmade Mexican Food is a popular Tex-Mex café with locations throughout Texas. This quick and easy dish is based on Zuzu’s recipe, with a touch of Italian.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken cubed
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 8 ozs. butter
- 2 small jars artichokes drained
- 8 ozs. canned mushrooms or 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp. tarragon
- 6 ozs. White wine
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 tbspn. finely grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Dust cubed chicken with flour, salt and pepper (a brown paper bag works great for this).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add chicken and brown (approx. 5 minutes).
- Stir in wine and tarragon and simmer on low for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with parsley and grated cheese.
Serving suggestion: Serve over white rice or couscous.