This is a recipe that I jotted down from memory after successfully creating a sauteed vegetable medley from some recently grown vegetables that just happened to avail themselves. The results were favorable – everyone who partook agreed!
- 4 medium zucchinis moderately sliced (aprox. 1/8″)
- 4 medium summer squash moderately sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 3 tspns olive oil
- 6 ozs butter
- 10oz stewed tomatoes
- 8 oz pickled pepper salsa
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tspn red pepper flakes
- 2 tspns oregano
- 1 dash of basil
- 1 sprig watercress (garnish)
- 1 tblspn parmesan cheese finely grated
- Heat oil on high flame in large, heavy gauge skillet, adding garlic, onion and bell peppers.
- As garlic, onion and peppers begin to sizzle, stir in zucchini, squash and reduce heat.
- Add stewed tomatoes, salsa and sautee for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, oregano and basil.
- Lower heat, cover, and allow to sautee for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and immediately serve topped with parmesan cheese to taste and adding watercress for garnish.