Tired of the same old, hum-drum, hamburger? Try a “Teutonized” twist!
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps (crushed, 8 cookies)
- 8 ozs tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 2 tbsps white vinegar
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the crushed gingersnaps.
- Combine remaining gingersnaps, 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce, onions, raisins, and salt.
- Add meat; mix well.
- Shaped into four 1.2 in thick patties.
- Brown in skillet; drain off fat.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, mustard and pepper.
- Pour over burgers.
- Cover; simmer for 10-15 minutes, spooning sauce over meat.
- Remove burgers.
- Stir the reserved 2 tbsp into sauce in skillet.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Return burgers to skillet; heat thoroughly.