“Tex” because I discovered it while living in Texas, “ican” because of the Mexican vanilla (the best in the world), coconut because of the sweetened coconut, and macaroons – because it’s a cross between a cake and a cookie.
- 1 14 oz. bag sweetened coconut
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp. Mexican vanilla extract
- 1 egg white whipped to soft peaks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk and vanilla, mixing well. Fold in beaten egg white.
- Drop coconut mixture by the full tablespoon 1/2 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or well greased.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until edges begin to brown.
- Remove macaroons from cookie sheet and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Allow to set out covered for at least 12 hours before storing in an airtight container lined with parchment or wax paper.
Yields 3 dozen.