- ¼ cup of flour
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 chicken breasts (boned and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of dry marsala wine
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- ½ lemon. Squeeze the lemon juice
- ½ cup of white sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat the chicken breast with seasoned flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Place the chicken breast in the pan and brown on both sides then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the dry Marsala wine to the pan and gently bring to boil removing the alcohol.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice and stir in the mushrooms. Lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes reducing the marsala sauce.
- Return the browned chicken breast to the pan spooning over the sauce.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked.