Based on the savory recipe for Cornish Game Hens from Diana Rattray.
Total preparation time is approximately 1 hour.
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup Chablis wine
- 4 Rock Cornish Game hens
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups herb-seasoned packaged bread crumbs
- 1 cup hot chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Soak rosemary in Chablis wine for about 30 minutes, while preparing Cornish hens for baking.
- Wash hens and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Dust each hen with the flour, salt, pepper and parsley mixture.
- In the skillet over medium heat, sauté onions, and celery in oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and combine with seasoned stuffing crumbs.
- Add chicken stock to mixture to moisten and until desired consistency is reached.
- Stuff each hen with bread crumb mixture and place in baking dish.
- Pour rosemary and wine mixture over the stuffed Cornish game hens and bake in oven 40 to 50 minutes, until Cornish hens are tender and hens are browned.