- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini or 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 slices of eggplant or 1 very small eggplant, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- 8 crepes
- Chopped parsley
- tomato wedges
- pitted black olive
- Grated Parmesan
How to make it
- Heat the oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the green pepper, zucchini or cucumber, and eggplant.
- Cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the herbs and continue cooking uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and put into another bowl.
- To the pan juices, add tomato puree and 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water.
- Cook until thick.
- Adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the ratatouille in each crepe.
- Roll the crepes and place in a buttered oven-proof dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 400°.
- Pour the sauce over the crepes.
- Garnish the dish with chopped parsley, tomato wedges and pitted black olives.