Quick side dish for those hectic cookouts when you’re running short on time and long on hungry guests.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- Clip off the tough, light-colored ends of the asparagus stalks.
- Lace the olive oil over the stack of asparagus spears.
- Apply garlic salt and cracked pepper on top.
- Lay obliquely across pre-heated grill, rolling them as score lines appear.
- Cook to desired tenderness (a few minutes) and serve immediately.
To allow room on the grill for other items, collect the asparagus, after they have score-liens, and lay aside in a sheet of foil to the side of the hot portions of the grill until ready to serve.