Tiramisu is Italian for “pick me up” and appropriately the name of this delectable dessert treat. There are a variety of adaptations of this recipe using all types of berries. Here is a quick recipe for making a Tiramisu using strawberries.
- 4 cups fresh and strawberries
- 16 ozs mascarpone cheese
- 2 packages of lady fingers
- 2 containers of Cool Whip, the extra rich variety
- 2 to 4 ounces strawberry liqueur, rum or Marsala wine
- Clean and slice strawberries.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan with lady fingers.
- Sprinkle the liqueur, rum or Marsala wine sparingly over the the lady fingers saving half for the next layer.
- Mix 1 container of the Cool Whip with the mascarpone cheese until blended.
- Spread half of cheese mixture over the lady fingers.
- Top with strawberries.
- Add next layer of lady fingers sprinkled with liqueur, rum or wine.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture and layer with strawberries.
- Top with second container of Cool Whip topped with remaining strawberries.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.